Hi all!

Thank you for viewing my blog. I hope that you will enjoy going through the posts and don't forget to comment on them. My blog's focus shifted recently, from anime in to many other things like music and books and certain other things i want to blog about. I hope you all talk and comment about things on my blog or anything at all here too! :)


Quick Links

Monday, September 20, 2010

LP's Suns' Concept

All right, so five minutes after the previous post, I find this article on MTV. So apparently, there is no definite story in the album.

This is what Mike Shinoda is saying (after reading which I think that the whole concept-less concept album doesn't bug me so much):
"People asked us if it's a concept record, and in the middle of the process, we were contemplating whether or not that was what we wanted to do. And I think, as we finished it, it became clear that, usually the problem with concept records is, like, [the] term usually refers to things like [the Who's] Tommy or ... rock operas and stuff like than that has a narrative. And this doesn't have a narrative; it's more abstract that that. "

Anyhow, for all those people who haven't heard A Thousand Suns yet, it's not so bad an album. The songs Wretches and Kings, Blackout and Waiting for the End are actually pretty good songs, now that I have heard some parts of the album again.

-mystic

No comments:

Post a Comment