Hi all!

Thank you for viewing my blog. I hope that you will enjoy going through the posts and don't forget to comment on them. My blog's focus shifted recently, from anime in to many other things like music and books and certain other things i want to blog about. I hope you all talk and comment about things on my blog or anything at all here too! :)


Quick Links

Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Thousand Suns

Linkin Park's new album A Thousand Suns was released on September 14 and I was in high hopes that day about how great it was going to be and everything but now there is just one thing that keeps coming to mind.

I finally heard the album today and it completely stripped of Linkin park-ness. Hybrid Theory and Meteora but both amazing, Minutes to Midnights was still entertaining, but this album really did it.

It has like 15 songs out of which I think 3 are just famous-people-quotes, the opening song (The Requiem) Was Something like what Green Day did to 21st Century Breakdown's Song of the Century, but they (Green Day) did it much better. Even the lyrical style was different. Linkin Park was all about life and human perception (that's how i see it), but this album has just a hint of it with political and social opinions being more prominent. Frankly, I don't mind it one bit, if they would have done it in the same style.

Most of the songs simply didn't make it to the bar I had set. I think Wretches and Kings was the one song i actually liked, but the rest kinda hung between nu metal and rock. That Linkin Park thing was missing.

All in all, it was a big disappointment. Though the cover really got me. One word for it: Beau.ti.ful. Love the way its done and and the title interpreted.

Rating - 2.5/5

-mystic

No comments:

Post a Comment